DO NOT BATHE IN THE TUB
- Shower with liquid Dial Antibacterial Soap daily for 1 to 2 months. DO NOT BATHE.
- Shower using Hibiclens 2 times a week. Lather Hibiclens on all areas of skin, including scalp. (Being careful to avoid eye area) Leave lather on for 5-10 minutes and rinse.
- Wash all towels, sheets, clothing etc… of the infected person separately after they have contact with those items. I recommend using hot water and white colored so that you may add bleach to them while being washed.
- Wear cotton underwear and change them frequently, using a separate pair for day and night.
- Treat entire family by putting Bactroban on a Q-tip and applying it to the inside of the nose twice daily, for 7 days.Bleach Baths. See directions below.
- Add 1/8th cup of Clorox bleach to 1-1 ½ ft of warm water in the bathtub, and soak for 15-20 min, 2-3x/week or as directed by Dr. Eisner.
- Rinse all the skin with the bleach water using a paper cup. Throw the cup away after using it.
- You may take your regular shower after doing the bleach bath.
- Blot skin dry with a towel. Use a fresh towel after each bath, you may want to use a white towel or an old towel so that the bleach does not ruin the color in the towel.
- Do this two to three times each week, or as directed by your physician. The bleach baths help to reduce the bacteria that can cause your skin to be infected. If your skin does not improve within 5 to 7 days, please call the office.